Peas with conger2015-06-01
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
The conger is a very rich and nutritious fish, ideal for a balanced diet. Try our recipe of conger with peas.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 conger steaks (about 900 grams / (2 pounds))
- Portuguese chorizo (to taste)
- 2 medium onions
- 400 grams / (14 ounces) peas
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 bunch of coriander
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the fish with salt and set aside.
- Place the olive oil, chopped onion, pepper, the peeled whole garlic (place the garlic on a table and use your hand to press the flat side of the knife against the garlic. The garlic will easily crush under your weight), bay leaf and the chorizo cut into slices in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown.
- Add the peas, season with salt and fold gently with a wooden spoon. Pour the water (enough to cover completely the mixture), stir, bring to a boil and simmer about 15 minutes over medium-low heat with the pan covered.
- Then, add the conger and simmer for more 15 minutes. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.