Peas with poached eggs and chorizo2012-11-09
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
Going to invite your family to lunch and want to prepare a simple meal with excellent presentation? Prepare this tasty recipe of peas cooked with poached eggs and chorizo, your family will love it.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) peas
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Coriander (to taste)
- Place the olive oil, chopped onion, the peeled whole garlic, pepper, bay leaf and the chorizo cut into slices in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the peas, stir with a wooden spoon and simmer 1 to 2 minutes. Pour the water (enough water to cover the peas), season with salt, stir and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 25 minutes with the pan covered, stirring occasionally.
- When the peas are almost cooked add the eggs and let them cook. Turn off the heat, add the coriander, cover the pan and let stand about five minutes.