Peixinhos da horta (fried green beans)2013-01-30
- Servings : -
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
Peixinhos da horta are a great appetizer for a lunch, a typical Portuguese recipe of green beans coated in flour. Try, you’ll love it…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) green beans
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 1 small onion
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Wash, cut the ends and remove the green bean strings. Place them in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt and the peeled onion. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 10 to 15 minutes. When the green beans are cooked, drain them well and set aside.
- Place the flour, eggs, pepper, chopped parsley and a little salt in a bowl and stir with a fork until obtain a creamy mixture. Dip the green beans in the eggs mixture (preferably three at a time), and so on until finish the green beans.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. When the oil is hot, add the green beans and fry on both sides until golden brown. When they are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper.