Pineapple gelatin sweet2013-01-12
- Servings : 8 bowls
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 6:30 h
This pineapple gelatin sweet is perfect for serving as dessert after a lunch or dinner with friends. It’s a sweet with excellent presentation, very pleasant and light… Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 500 ml (about 2 cups) milk
- 1 pineapple gelatin package (about 80 grams (2 3/4 ounces))
- 2 unflavored gelatin sheets
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and set aside in the fridge.
- Place the gelatin sheets in a bowl with water for about 5 minutes. Drain the gelatin sheets and bring to microwave for about 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and dissolve them with a spoon; set aside.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks and the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Pour the milk and mix for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the previous mixture in a saucepan. Place the pan over medium heat and stir with a wire whisk until starts boiling. When starts boiling, add the gelatin powder together with the dissolved gelatin sheets and stir constantly for about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and fold the egg whites gently with a spatula.
- Place the sweet in individual bowls and refrigerate about 5 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge and serve.
Pineapple gelatin sweet
Nutrition facts per serving (8 bowls)
Total Fat: 3.5 g(5%)
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g(7%)
Cholesterol: 87 mg(29%)
Sodium: 81 mg(4%)
Total Carbohydrate: 22 g(8%)
Protein: 14.5 g