Pippin apple walnut cake2013-03-06
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 55m
Cake with excellent presentation ideal for a family snack. Don’t waste time!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 5 eggs
- 2 pippin apples
- 150 grams (about 1 cup) brown sugar
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of one lemon
- 75 grams (2 2/3 ounces) shelled walnuts
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar to caramelize
- Wash and peel the apples. Place them in a bowl and drizzle with lemon juice to prevent from oxidizing.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Pour 200 grams (about 1 cup) sugar in a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)). Place the cake pan on the stove over low heat until caramelize the sugar (go turning the cake pan until stays completely caramelized). Turn off the heat and place on the bottom of the cake pan the apple cut in slices and the walnuts.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the brown sugar, eggs and lemon zest until a creamy dough. Add the vanilla powder and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Finally, add the remaining apple cut into cubes and fold with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Pippin apple walnut cake
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices)
Total Fat: 5 g(7%)
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g(3%)
Cholesterol: 58 mg(19%)
Sodium: 26 mg(1%)
Total Carbohydrate: 37.5 g(12%)
Protein: 4.5 g