Plaice fillets in the oven with Portuguese cornbread2013-08-03
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 2:25 h
Rate this recipe:
Prepare a fillets recipe in a different way. Take them to the oven covered with a delicious mixture of Portuguese cornbread, parsley, olive oil and coriander…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces) plaice fillets
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) Portuguese cornbread
- Parsley (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the fillets with salt, sliced garlic and lemon juice. Let marinate about two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Put the Portuguese cornbread cut into pieces in a food processor together with the coriander, parsley, 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil, pepper and pulse until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Put the fillets on a baking pan and cover with the Portuguese cornbread mixture. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and bake about 25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the fillets from oven and serve with roasted potatoes.