Pork loin with clams2016-10-08
- Servings : 4/5
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:55 h
- Ready In : 3:05 h
If you like pork and clams you have to try this pork loin recipe with clams. It’s easy to prepare but most of all is delicious and has fabulous flavors. Dare yourself and try it!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) pork loin
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 medium onions
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) white wine
- 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces) clams
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Thyme (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and the sliced onions in the bottom of a saucepan. Place the pork loin over the top and with a sharp knife make 3 to 4 cuts across the loin. Season with some salt, the peppers cut into strips, the unpeeled crushed garlic, pepper, nutmeg, thyme and cinnamon. Drizzle with olive oil and white wine and marinate about 1 hour.
- Wash well the clams and season with lemon juice.
- Place the pan over low heat and cook the meat for about 1 hour and 40 minutes. Drizzle occasionally the meat with the sauce.
- When the meat is cooked, add the clams and cook until they start to open, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve the loin with fries or white rice.