Pork streaky in the oven with honey2014-05-25
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:35 h
Delight yourself with this recipe of pork streaky in the oven with honey that will surprise your friends.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 900 grams (2 pounds) pork streaky
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) potato
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 medium onions
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) white wine
- 2 tablespoons red pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt (to taste)
- Cut the pork streaky in thin slices and season with salt, chopped garlic, red pepper sauce, pepper, bay leaf and white wine. Let marinate about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Peel, wash the potatoes and cut them into quarters. Place the onions cut into round slices in the bottom of a glass baking dish and on top, the pork streaky with the marinade and the potatoes. Drizzle everything with the olive oil and bring to oven for about 45 to 50 minutes. Drizzle occasionally the pork streaky and the potatoes with the sauce.
- When the potatoes and the pork streaky start to golden brown, remove the baking dish briefly from the oven and brush the pork streaky with honey. Place back in the oven for more five minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and serve immediately.