Portuguese cornbread stuffed with chicken and chorizo2018-05-04
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Going to invite friends to your house and want to prepare something special and different? Try this delicious recipe we have for you, Portuguese cornbread stuffed with chicken and chorizo! This combination of flavors will amaze your friends.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 1 Portuguese cornbread (about 350 grams (12 1/3 ounces))
- 1 chicken breast (about 350 grams (12 1/3 ounces))
- 75 grams (2 2/3 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 1 clove of garlic
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) grated cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- Cook the chicken breast in a saucepan with salted water. When the chicken is cooked, drain it and cut into pieces.
- Place the chicken, chorizo cut into pieces, the peeled garlic and the nutmeg in a food processor and pulse until well chopped.
- Place the mixture in a bowl together with the mayonnaise and the grated cheese and mix well.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- With a sharp knife cut off the top of the cornbread and remove the inside (reserve the cornbread crumb). Place the filling inside the cornbread and cover with the lid. Place the cornbread and the cornbread crumb on a baking pan and bake about 30 minutes.
- Remove the Portuguese cornbread from the oven and serve.
Portuguese cornbread stuffed with chicken and chorizo
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 33 g(42%)
Saturated Fat: 11.5 g(57%)
Cholesterol: 113 mg(38%)
Sodium: 1326 mg(58%)
Total Carbohydrate: 52.5 g(19%)
Protein: 38 g