Portuguese Custard pie2014-03-23
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 30m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Serve this delicious dessert in a snack among friends. A creamy and delicious pie that everyone will want to taste…
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 200 grams (7 ounces) puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 6 egg yolks
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar
- 450 ml (2 cups) milk
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a bowl, dissolve the corn starch in 50 ml (1/4 cup) milk.
- In a saucepan, pour the remaining milk, lemon peel, cinnamon stick, the dissolved corn starch and sugar. Stir and bring to low heat, stirring occasionally. When starts boiling, remove the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick (reserve both). Turn off the heat and add the egg yolks one by one, stirring constantly. Add the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick and place back over low heat until obtain a creamy mixture, about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Line a pie pan (24 centimeters (9 1/2 inches)) with the pastry and prick the bottom with a fork.
- Turn off the heat and remove the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick. Pour the cream over the pastry and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and serve.
Portuguese Custard pie
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices)
Total Fat: 10 g(15%)
Saturated Fat: 3 g(15%)
Cholesterol: 110 mg(37%)
Sodium: 75 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 29 g(10%)
Protein: 4 g