Portuguese green soup2012-11-10
- Servings : 5/6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 60m
You must try this delicious and traditional soup recipe. Portuguese green soup is a typical Portuguese soup very much appreciated in our country. Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 2 liters (about 8 cups) water
- 4 medium onions
- 4 medium potatoes
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) shredded collard greens
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces) Portuguese chouriço
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Place the onions cut into pieces and the potatoes in a large saucepan with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook for 25 minutes. Then, remove briefly the saucepan from heat and use a hand blender to blend the soup until creamy. Season with olive oil and a little salt, stir and place the saucepan back on the stove over medium-high heat.
- When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and add the collard greens and the chouriço cut into round slices. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook about 15 minutes with the pan covered, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and serve immediately.
Portuguese green soup
Nutrition facts per serving (5 servings)
Total Fat: 14 g(21%)
Saturated Fat: 3 g(14%)
Cholesterol: 9 mg(3%)
Sodium: 189 mg(8%)
Total Carbohydrate: 38 g(13%)
Protein: 7.5 g