Portuguese seafood stew2014-10-31
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Rate this recipe:
This Portuguese seafood stew recipe is a traditional Portuguese dish, easy to prepare and with a pleasant sea flavor.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) shrimp
- 2 medium onions
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- Coriander (to taste)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) crab sticks
- Pepper (to taste)
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) squids
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) peeled mussel
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- In a saucepan, place a layer of onion cut into round slices together with the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and, on top, put a layer of potatoes cut into round slices and the rest of the onion into rings. Finally, add the squid, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and chopped garlic. Stir gently with a wooden spoon and cook over low heat about 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the shrimps in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 4 to 5 minutes. When the shrimps are cooked, drain them with a skimmer. Allow to cool slightly and peel them.
- When the potatoes are almost cooked, add the crab sticks, the peeled mussels and the shrimp, and simmer more 10 minutes over low heat.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.