- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 20m
Want to prepare a different and special meal with beef steaks? Try to prepare Portuguese steaks with the traditional flavor of the ham that gives a special touch to your dish. Bon appetit!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 2 beef steaks (about 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces))
- Ham slices (about 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces))
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the steaks with a little salt and pepper. Cut the ham slices into thin strips.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Fry the ham strips on both sides over medium-low heat until they turn slightly golden, about 3 to 4 minutes. When they are fried, place them on a dish with absorbent paper and set aside.
- Add the steaks to the skillet and fry them on both sides over medium-low heat for about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the steaks from the frying pan and set aside on a plate.
- Add the white wine, bay leaf, the unpeeled crushed garlic and the mustard to the skillet and cook over medium-low heat about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, place the ham strips over the steaks and drizzle with the sauce. Serve with french fries cut into slices.
Nutrition facts per serving (2 servings)
Total Fat: 20.5 g(31%)
Saturated Fat: 5 g(24%)
Cholesterol: 126 mg(42%)
Sodium: 489 mg(20%)
Total Carbohydrate: 7.5 g(3%)
Protein: 45.5 g