- Servings : 4/5
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
A typical Portuguese dish, white beans mixed with tripe, confectioned with olive oil, onion, garlic, bay leaf, chorizo and carrots, seasoned with pepper and salt.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) white beans
- 700 grams / (1 1/2 pounds) tripe
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 2 carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak the beans overnight.
- Wash well the tripe and leave it soak in water seasoned with a few drops of lemon juice about 15 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker with water, cook the beans along with the tripe about 20 minutes. Drain the beans and cut the tripe into pieces. Reserve the cooking water.
- In a pan, place the olive oil, chopped onion, bay leaf, chopped garlic, the tripe cut into pieces and the chorizo cut into round slices. Season with pepper and leave to sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden. Then, place the beans and the carrots cut into slices and mix in the sautéed. Pour the cooking water (enough to completely cover the mixture), season with salt and cook about 15 to 20 minutes until obtain a creamy sauce.
- Turn off the heat and serve.