Red bean soup with pasta and chorizo2013-12-08
- Servings : 5/6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
A quite tasty typical Portuguese red bean soup, perfect for cold Winter days.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) red beans
- 2 liters / (8 1/2 cups) water
- 1/2 small savoy cabbage
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) penne pasta
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak the beans overnight.
- In a pressure cooker with 2 liters / (8 1/2 cups) water cook the beans and the chorizo about 20 minutes. When the beans are cooked, remove with a skimmer some beans (about 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces)) and the chorizo to a dish; set aside.
- Remove briefly the saucepan from heat and use a hand blender to blend the remaining beans.
- Season with olive oil and salt, stir with a wooden spoon and place back over heat. When the soup starts boiling, reduce to a low heat, put the savoy cabbage cut into strips together with the pasta and cook for more 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the beans and the chorizo cut into round slices that you reserved and serve the soup immediately.