Red bean soup with pasta and chorizo2013-12-08
- Servings : 5/6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
A quite tasty typical Portuguese red bean soup, perfect for cold Winter days.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) red beans
- 2 liters (about 8 cups) water
- 1/2 small savoy cabbage
- 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces) penne pasta
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak the beans overnight.
- In a pressure cooker with 2 liters (about 8 cups) water cook the beans and the chorizo about 20 minutes. When the beans are cooked, remove with a skimmer some beans (about 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces)) and the chorizo to a dish; set aside.
- Remove briefly the saucepan from heat and use a hand blender to blend the remaining beans.
- Season with olive oil and salt, stir with a wooden spoon and place back over heat. When the soup starts boiling, reduce to a low heat, put the savoy cabbage cut into strips together with the pasta and cook for more 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the beans and the chorizo cut into round slices that you reserved and serve the soup immediately.
Red bean soup with pasta and chorizo
Nutrition facts per serving (5 servings)
Total Fat: 20.5 g(32%)
Saturated Fat: 5.5 g(28%)
Cholesterol: 34 mg(11%)
Sodium: 422 mg(18%)
Total Carbohydrate: 36.5 g(12%)
Protein: 19.5 g