Rice with peas and fried cod2015-06-21
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Nothing like a fried cod recipe to cheer lunch, served with a delicious and nutritious rice with peas.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 800 grams (1 3/4 pounds))
- 200 grams (1 1/3 cups) peas
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) rice
- 1/2 liter (about 2 cups) water
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1/2 Portuguese chorizo
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 medium onion
- Parsley (to taste)
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) olive oil to fry the cod
- Salt (to taste)
- Place in a saucepan the olive oil (50 ml (1/4 cup)), chopped onion, the chorizo cut into round slices and the peas. Stir and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Pour the water, season with pepper and bring to a boil about 20 minutes.
- Then, add the rice, season with salt, stir and simmer about 10 minutes. When the rice is cooked, turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil with the unpeeled crushed garlic (place the garlic on a table and use your hand to press the flat side of the knife against the garlic. The garlic will easily crush under your weight) in a skillet. When the olive oil is hot, add the cod steaks and fry them on both sides.
- Turn off the heat and drain the cod with a skimmer. Flake the cod with a fork and serve with the rice.