Rice and peas with poached eggs2012-11-09
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Rate this recipe:
Want to prepare a delicious and nutritious meal? You must cook this recipe of rice and peas with poached eggs, it’s easy to prepare and the whole family will enjoy!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 400 grams / (14 ounces) peas
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 4 eggs
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt (to taste)
- In a saucepan, put the olive oil, chopped onions, bay leaf, chopped garlic, the chorizo cut into round slices and the peas. Stir with a spoon and cook over low heat for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice seasoned with some salt, stir and fry about a minute. Pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to low heat and cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the eggs and let them poach.
- Turn off the heat, let stand about 5 minutes and serve.