Rice pudding pie2014-05-04
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 1:10 h
- Ready In : 1:25 h
Rate this recipe:
Dare yourself to make this simple and tasty rice pudding pie. A delight that you have to taste…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) rice
- 400 ml / (1 2/3 cups) water
- 650 ml / (2 3/4 cups) milk
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) sugar
- 1 lemon peel
- Cinnamon for garnish
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A pinch of salt
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) puff pastry
- In a saucepan, pour the water, lemon peel, cinnamon stick, a pinch of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, remove the cinnamon stick (reserve the cinnamon stick), reduce to low heat and pour the rice. Stir and cook about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the milk and the cinnamon stick in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, turn off the heat and remove the cinnamon stick. When the rice is cooked, pour the milk, stir with a spoon and boil over low heat about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, stir, remove the lemon peel and cook about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Line a pie pan (approximately 24 centimeters / (9 1/2 inches)) with the pastry, prick the bottom with a fork and place some dried beans for the dough doesn’t rise when it goes to the oven. Bake about 25 minutes until slightly browned.
- Turn off the oven and remove the beans. With a ladle pour the rice pudding over the dough and spread it with the help of a spatula. Garnish with cinnamon, let cool and serve.