- Servings : 6 bowls
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
A typical Portuguese dessert, rice pudding sprinkled with cinnamon, simple and delicious…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) rice
- 400 ml / (1 2/3 cups) water
- 800 ml / (3 1/3 cups) milk
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 1 lemon peel
- Cinnamon powder for garnish
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, pour the water, lemon peel, cinnamon stick, a pinch of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, remove the cinnamon stick (reserve the cinnamon stick). Reduce to low heat and pour the rice. Stir and cook about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the milk together with the cinnamon stick in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, turn off the heat and remove the cinnamon stick. When the rice is cooked, pour the milk, stir with a spoon and boil over low heat about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, stir, remove the lemon peel and cook about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and pour with a ladle the rice in individual bowls. Sprinkle with cinnamon, let cool and serve.