Rice with shrimp and leek2016-11-23
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 35m
When you do not have much time the solution is to prepare a simple meal! This rice recipe with shrimp and leek is simple but at the same time quite tasty!! Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 750 grams (1 2/3 pounds) shrimp
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces) leek
- 200 grams (1 cup) rice
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small onion to cook the shrimp
- Pepper (to taste)
- Juice of half lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- Place 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the rice, season with a little salt and let fry in the olive oil about 1 minute. Pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the shrimp in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt and the unpeeled small onion. Boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 5 minutes. When the shrimps are cooked, drain them with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Peel the shrimps and set aside.
- Place the remaining olive oil, chopped onion and the leek cut into finely round slices in a saucepan and saute until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the shrimps and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, fold the rice and cook for more 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, season with lemon juice and pepper and serve immediately.
Rice with shrimp and leek
Nutrition facts per serving (3 servings)
Total Fat: 36.5 g(56%)
Saturated Fat: 6 g(30%)
Cholesterol: 526 mg(175%)
Sodium: 670 mg(28%)
Total Carbohydrate: 65.5 g(22%)
Protein: 62.5 g