Rice with tuna and peas2013-04-05
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 35m
On days when time is short and you need to quickly prepare a nutritious and tasty meal, this rice recipe with tuna and peas is the perfect solution to success. Try it!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 200 grams (7 ounces) canned tuna
- 125 grams (2/3 cup) rice
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 150 grams (1 cup) peas
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- Dried coriander leaves (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Shred the tuna with a fork and set aside.
- Place the olive oil, chopped onion, peas, the peeled tomato cut into small pieces and the red pepper sauce in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the rice, season with a little salt and stir. Pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the tuna, mix and cook for more 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with dried coriander leaves and serve immediately.
Rice with tuna and peas
Nutrition facts per serving (2 servings)
Total Fat: 33 g(42%)
Saturated Fat: 5 g(26%)
Cholesterol: 31 mg(10%)
Sodium: 171 mg(7%)
Total Carbohydrate: 68.5 g(25%)
Protein: 36.5 g