- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 3:05 h
Rate this recipe:
Who would not want to taste this tender and delicious roast veal in the oven with potatoes?
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) veal
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Saffron (to taste)
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) white wine
- Place the veal in a baking pan and season with salt, chopped garlic, onions cut into round slices, white wine, saffron, pepper and bay leaf. Let marinate about two hours.
- Meanwhile, wash very well the potatoes, place them in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium heat and cook for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and place in the meat baking pan. Drizzle everything with olive oil and bake about one hour until the meat and the potatoes start to brown. Occasionally drizzle the meat and the potatoes with the sauce.
- Turn off the oven and serve with a good red wine.