Rosemary cake topped with caramelized pear2015-03-14
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 60m
This cake recipe presents an interesting blend of flavors, the rosemary aroma with the delicious topping of caramelized pear. Try it, you will love it !!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) softened margarine
- 150 grams (about 1 cup) dark brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 2 pears
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (22 x 10 centimeters (8 2/3 x 4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the margarine with the brown sugar until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Add the eggs one by one and beat for 3 to 4 minutes until a homogeneous mixture. Then, add the milk, rosemary, salt, the vanilla extract and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Meanwhile, wash, peel the pears and cut into slices. Place them in a saucepan together with the cinnamon stick, the two tablespoons sugar, honey and the water. Stir and place the pan over medium-low heat about 15 to 20 minutes until the pear start to caramelize, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Place the pear slices over the top of the cake and drizzle with the sauce. Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Rosemary cake topped with caramelized pear
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices)
Total Fat: 10.5 g(17%)
Saturated Fat: 2 g(10%)
Cholesterol: 70 mg(23%)
Sodium: 145 mg(6%)
Total Carbohydrate: 28 g(9%)
Protein: 4 g