Rosemary cake topped with caramelized pear2015-03-14
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
This cake recipe presents an interesting blend of flavors, the rosemary aroma with the delicious topping of caramelized pear. Try it, you will love it !!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) softened margarine
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) dark brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 2 pears
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 75 ml / (5 tablespoons) water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (approximately 22 x 10 centimeters / (8 2/3 x 4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the margarine with the brown sugar until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Add the eggs one by one and beat for 3 to 4 minutes until a homogeneous mixture. Then, add the milk, rosemary, salt, the vanilla extract and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Meanwhile, wash, peel the pears and cut into slices. Place them in a saucepan together with the cinnamon stick, the two tablespoons sugar, honey and the water. Stir and place the pan over medium-low heat about 15 to 20 minutes until the pear start to caramelize, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Place the pear slices over the top of the cake and drizzle with the sauce. Let cool to room temperature and serve.