Rye bread stuffed with chorizo2013-12-25
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 40m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 1:50 h
Rate this recipe:
A bread recipe prepared with a dough confectioned with rye flour, eggs, salt, olive oil, water and baker’s yeast, which goes to oven stuffed with chorizo, grated cheese and oregano.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) rye flour
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) chorizo
- 1 tablespoon baker’s yeast (fresh or dry yeast)
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 ounces) water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place in a bowl the rye flour along with the eggs, olive oil, water, salt and, knead everything very well. Then, add the baker’s yeast and knead until it forms a ball.
- Place the dough over a table sprinkled with flour. Sprinkle the dough with a little more flour, rub your hands with a little olive oil to prevent the dough from sticking and, knead about five minutes until the dough is fully involved and soft (if necessary add a little more flour until the dough stop sticking to hands). Allow the dough rise about 25 minutes covered with cling film.
- Meanwhile, remove the skin from the chorizo, cut it in small pieces and chop the chorizo along with the cheese and the oregano.
- Extend the dough with the help of a rolling pin and, place on top the chopped chorizo. Cover completely the chorizo with the dough and knead a little more.
- Place the dough in a baking tray previously greased with margarine and sprinkled with flour, give it a rounded shape and allow to rest about 10 to 15 minutes.
- With a sharp knife, give three to four blows on top of the dough, sprinkle with a little flour and bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 35 minutes.