- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 2:35 h
You have to try this homemade rye bread. It’s easy to prepare and very nutritious.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 300 grams (about 2 cups) rye flour
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dry baker’s yeast
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, mix the rye flour and the salt with a spoon. Add the baker’s yeast and mix well. Pour the olive oil and some of the water. Knead everything with your hands and go slowly pouring the remaining water.
- Place the dough over a table sprinkled with flour and knead it well until it is fully involved and soft. When this process is completed, let the dough rise in a bowl covered with cling film about 45 to 1 hour until the dough double in size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it a little more. Give the dough a rounded shape and place it in a baking tray lined with tracing paper. With a sharp knife make 3 to 4 diagonal cuts across the dough, sprinkle with a little flour and allow to stand about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the bread start to browned. Remove the bread from the oven and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices)
Total Fat: 4.5 g(7%)
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g(3%)
Cholesterol: 0 mg(0%)
Sodium: 194 mg(8%)
Total Carbohydrate: 17 g(6%)
Protein: 3.5 g