Seafood bread soup with Portuguese cornbread2013-07-10
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
Rate this recipe:
Delight yourself with this traditional recipe of seafood bread soup with Portuguese cornbread, simple, fast and very tasty.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 400 grams / (14 ounces) shrimp
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) crab sticks
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- Coriander (to taste)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 medium onion
- 1 egg yolk
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 medium Portuguese cornbread
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the shrimp in a saucepan with water (at least one liter / (4 1/4 cups) seasoned with salt, a sprig of parsley, a peeled onion and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 5 minutes (add the crab sticks and cook them only for two minutes). Turn off the heat, drain the shrimps and the crab sticks with a skimmer and let cool slightly (reserve the cooking water). Peel the shrimps and set aside.
- Poach the eggs in a saucepan with water and a tablespoon vinegar (when the water starts bubbling, add the vinegar and then pour the eggs one by one).
- In a large bowl, place the olive oil, chopped garlic and the chopped coriander. Stir, add the shrimp and the crab sticks and mix all ingredients together. Then pour the cooking water and the bread cut into pieces. Season with salt and pepper, stir, add the egg yolk and mix well. Finally, place the poached eggs over the mixture and serve.
- Note: If you want, with a sharp knife, cut off the top of the bread, remove the inside and cut into pieces. Fill with the mixture just like is in the picture.