Seafood with white beans2012-11-09
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 55m
This seafood recipe with white beans is a traditional dish of the Portuguese coast. It’s quite rich, tasty and has excellent presentation. It’s ideal for a family lunch.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 400 grams (14 ounces) white beans
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 900 grams (2 pounds) shrimp, mussel, cuttlefish, crab sticks and clams
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- Pepper (to taste)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Coriander (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the beans to soak overnight.
- In a pressure cooker with water (about 1 liter (about 6 cups)), cook the beans about 15 to 20 minutes. When the beans are cooked, drain them with a skimmer to a plate and set aside. Reserve the cooking water.
- Put the olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlic and the bay leaf in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Then, add the peeled tomato cut into small pieces and cook until the tomato start to break down. Pour the beans cooking water (400 ml (1 3/4 cups)) and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and add the seafood and the beans. Season with salt and pepper, stir with a wooden spoon and cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.
Seafood with white beans
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 16.5 g(26%)
Saturated Fat: 3 g(16%)
Cholesterol: 474 mg(158%)
Sodium: 609 mg(25%)
Total Carbohydrate: 71.5 g(24%)
Protein: 76 g