- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 2:35 h
Make yourself your own bread, get to know our simple bread recipe. Hot with butter or cheese is a delight…
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 300 grams (about 2 cups) white flour
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dry baker’s yeast
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, mix the flour and the salt with your hands. Add the baker’s yeast and mix well. Pour the olive oil and some of the water. Knead everything with your hands and go slowly pouring the remaining water.
- Place the dough over a table sprinkled with flour and knead it well until it’s fully involved and soft. When this process is completed, let the dough rise in a bowl covered with cling film about 1 hour or until the dough double in size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it a little more. Give the dough a rounded shape and place it in a baking tray lined with tracing paper. With a sharp knife make 3 to 4 diagonal cuts across the dough and sprinkle with some flour. Cover with cling film and let stand about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes until the bread start to browned. Remove the bread from the oven, allow to cool to room temperature or serve the bread hot with butter.
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices)
Total Fat: 4 g(6%)
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g(3%)
Cholesterol: 0 mg(0%)
Sodium: 200 mg(8%)
Total Carbohydrate: 19 g(6%)
Protein: 3 g