Simple rabbit in the oven2015-09-23
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 1:45 h
Do you like rabbit and want a delicious recipe? Try this tasty simple rabbit recipe in the oven, is quick and easy to prepare.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) rabbit cut into pieces
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) olive oil
- 1/2 chilli
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Coriander (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) small potatoes
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the rabbit in a rectangular baking dish and season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, chilli, chopped coriander and the unpeeled crushed garlic. Let marinate about one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Drizzle the rabbit with the olive oil and bake about 40 minutes until golden brown slightly. Occasionally drizzle the rabbit with the sauce.
- Meanwhile, place the unpeeled potatoes in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 20 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Peel the potatoes and fry them in hot oil until golden. When the potatoes are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Turn off the oven and serve the rabbit with the potatoes.
Simple rabbit in the oven
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 72 g(110%)
Saturated Fat: 14 g(70%)
Cholesterol: 246 mg(82%)
Sodium: 196 mg(8%)
Total Carbohydrate: 42 g(14%)
Protein: 92 g