Snapper with chorizo in the oven2014-01-15
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
Prepare this recipe of snapper with chorizo in the oven drizzled with a delicious tomato sauce. It’s easy, tasty and the combination of fish and chorizo is perfect.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 snapper steaks (about 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces))
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 75 ml / (5 tablespoons) white wine
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the snapper with lemon juice and some salt. Let marinate for approximately 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil, the onion cut into round slices, chopped garlic, the peeled chorizo cut into slices, bay leaf and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces. Put the pan over low heat and cook until the tomatoes start to break down, stirring occasionally. Pour the white wine, season with some pepper and simmer about two to three minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Place the fish on a baking dish and drizzle with the previous mixture. Bake about 30 minutes (cover the baking dish with aluminum foil for the sauce doesn’t dry).
- Turn off the oven and serve the fish with fries cut in cubes.