Snapper with chouriço in the oven2014-01-15
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Prepare this recipe of snapper with chouriço in the oven drizzled with a delicious tomato sauce. It’s easy, tasty and the combination of fish and chouriço is perfect.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 2 snapper steaks (about 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces))
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) white wine
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 75 grams (2 2/3 ounces) Portuguese chouriço
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the snapper with lemon juice and some salt. Let marinate for approximately 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil, the onion cut into round slices, chopped garlic, the peeled chouriço cut into slices, bay leaf and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces. Place the pan over low heat and cook until the tomatoes start to break down, stirring occasionally. Pour the white wine, season with some pepper and simmer about two to three minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Place the fish on a baking dish and drizzle with the previous mixture. Bake about 30 minutes (cover the baking dish with aluminum foil for the sauce doesn’t dry).
- Turn off the oven and serve the fish with fries cut in cubes.
Snapper with chouriço in the oven
Nutrition facts per serving (2 servings)
Total Fat: 40 g(62%)
Saturated Fat: 9 g(45%)
Cholesterol: 125 mg(42%)
Sodium: 1030 mg(43%)
Total Carbohydrate: 23 g(8%)
Protein: 65 g