Soft chocolate cake2014-01-13
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
A delicious chocolate and brown sugar mixture. An ideal cake for your breakfast.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) dark chocolate
- 200 grams (1 1/4 cups) dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) softened margarine
- Parchment paper
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC (350ºF). Line a loaf tin Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate broken into pieces in a bowl and melt in the microwave. Remove the chocolate from the microwave and stir with a fork until obtain a creamy texture. Pour the boiling water and mix well; set aside.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the brown sugar and the eggs until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the margarine and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until well incorporated. Then, add the vanilla powder and the chocolate mixture and beat some more. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and let cool completely. Unmold and serve.