Steak with coffee sauce2013-04-01
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
A delicious steak seasoned with salt, garlic, pepper and bay leaf, cooked in a sauce of coffee, milk and wine, served with fried eggs.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 beef steaks (about 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces))
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) strong coffee
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) milk
- Pepper (to taste)
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) red wine
- 80 grams / (2 3/4 ounces) margarine
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the steaks with salt, unpeeled crushed garlic, pepper and bay leaf. Leave to marinate about 15 minutes.
- Mix with the help of a spoon the corn starch in the milk. Set aside.
- In a skillet, place the margarine and leave to melt over low heat. Add the steaks with the marinade and fry on both sides. When the steaks are fried remove them to a plate. Add to the sauce the red wine, the coffee, and the corn starch dissolved in the milk. Stir once in a while until the sauce thickens slightly. Place the steaks again in the skillet, mix in the sauce and turn off the heat.
- Serve the steaks with fried eggs and white rice.