Stewed beans with poached eggs2012-11-09
- Servings : 4/5
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 1:10 h
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Want a hot recipe for a cold winter day? Look no further, Stewed beans with poached egg is the perfect solution…
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces) dried red beans
- 6 eggs
- 400 grams (14 ounces) spare ribs
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) Portuguese chouriço
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak the beans overnight.
- In a pressure cooker with water, cook the beans with the spare ribs about 30 minutes (reserve the cooking water).
- Put the olive oil, chopped onions, the peeled whole garlic, pepper, spare ribs cut into pieces and the Portuguese chouriço cut into slices in a saucepan and cook over low heat about 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, pour the beans cooking broth seasoned with a little salt and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat, add the beans and cook until sauce starts to turn creamy, stirring occasionally.
- When the beans are almost cooked add the eggs and let them poach. Turn off the heat, let stand with the pan covered about five minutes and serve.
Stewed beans with poached eggs
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 52 g(80%)
Saturated Fat: 15.5 g(78%)
Cholesterol: 382 mg(127%)
Sodium: 670 mg(28%)
Total Carbohydrate: 83.5 g(28%)
Protein: 72.5 g