Stewed chicken with potatoes and carrots2012-11-09
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 1:40 h
Rate this recipe:
A tasty recipe, simple to prepare, chicken pieces seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, bay leaf and white wine, stewed in onion and olive oil, mixed in potatoes and carrots, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.5 kg / (3 1/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 3 carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper, bay leaf, chopped garlic and white wine. Leave to marinate about an hour.
- Peel, wash the potatoes and cut them into quarters. Place them in a bowl with water seasoned with a little salt. Peel, wash the carrots and cut them into round slices. Set aside.
- In a pan, place the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices and the chicken pieces along with the marinade. Stir and cook about ten minutes. Stir once in a while with a wooden spoon.
- Add the potatoes, the carrots cut into slices and the water (enough to cover the mixture). Stir, simmer and cook about 30 to 35 minutes over a medium-low heat with the pan covered. Stir once in a while.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley, cover the pan and allow to rest about five minutes.