Stewed chicken with rice2013-04-05
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
There are many ways to cook chicken and this stewed chicken recipe with rice is delicious, healthy and easy to prepare! Try it, you gonna love it…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.5 kg / (3 1/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 green pepper
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- In a saucepan put the olive oil, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces, chopped onion, chopped garlic, the chicken, the green pepper cut into strips and the bay leaf. Season with some salt and pepper, stir with a wooden spoon and cook over low heat about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then, add the rice and season with a little more salt. Stir, pour the water (enough water to completely cover the mixture) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.