Stewed cod with peppers2013-05-14
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
Prepare this simple, different and at the same time very tasty recipe of stewed cod with peppers with a slightly sweet and very nice touch! Try it, you will love this combination of flavors…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds))
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium onions
- Put the cod in a saucepan with water and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium low heat and cook for about 5 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Remove the skin and bones and flake the cod with a fork; set aside.
- Put the olive oil, the onion cut into round slices, the peeled garlic, the peppers cut into strips and the brown sugar in a saucepan and cook over low heat for 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cod and season with cinnamon and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and cook over low heat about 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and serve the cod with fries.