Stewed conger with carrot2015-07-01
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 55m
Stewed conger is a very tasty dish with carrot aroma, ideal to join friends while eating a very nutritious recipe.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 4 conger steaks (about 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds))
- 2 medium carrots
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the fish with salt, pepper and white wine. Set aside.
- Wash the potatoes and cook them with the peel in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Turn off the heat, drain them and place in a rectangular baking dish. Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Place the potatoes in the oven and roast for about 20 to 25 minutes until they turn nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, pour the olive oil, the onion cut into slices, the unpeeled crushed garlic (place the garlic on a table and use your hand to press the flat side of the knife against the garlic. The garlic will easily crush under your weight) and the carrots cut into round slices in a saucepan. Saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Then, add the chicken stock cube and dissolve it with the help of a spoon. Add the fish with the marinade and simmer about 25 minutes over low heat.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve the fish with the potatoes.