- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Rate this recipe:
This stewed cuttlefish recipe is perfect for a Winter lunch, very tasty and easy to prepare.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) cuttlefish
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Clean, wash well the cuttlefish and cut them into pieces.
- Put the olive oil, chopped onions, the peeled tomatoes cut into cubes, the cuttlefish and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and season with salt and pepper. Stir with a wooden spoon and simmer over low heat about an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, peel and wash the potatoes. Put them in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 25 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve the cuttlefish with the boiled potatoes.