Stewed dogfish with rice and shrimp2014-07-05
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
If you want to prepare a delicious fish meal, this stewed dogfish recipe with rice and shrimp is the perfect choice! The creamy sauce and the coriander taste give a special touch to this tasty meal!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 750 grams (1 2/3 pounds) dogfish
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) rice
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- 400 grams (14 ounces) shrimp
- 1 small onion to cook the shrimp
- Salt (to taste)
- Remove the skin and bones from the dogfish and cut into cubes. Season with salt and set aside. Put the shrimp in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt, a small onion and a small bunch of coriander. Boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain the shrimp with a skimmer. Allow to cool slightly and peel them; set aside.
- Put the olive oil, the peeled tomatoes cut into small chunks, the chopped onion and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the dogfish and the shrimps and season with pepper. Stir and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then, add the rice and season with a little more salt. Stir, pour the water (enough water to completely cover the mixture) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve immediately.
Stewed dogfish with rice and shrimp
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 18 g(28%)
Saturated Fat: 4 g(20%)
Cholesterol: 295 mg(98%)
Sodium: 470 mg(20%)
Total Carbohydrate: 35 g(12%)
Protein: 60 g