Stewed rabbit with fried bread2014-05-31
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 40m
Rate this recipe:
To give a special touch, cook the rabbit and serve with fried bread! It’s delicious, has great presentation and your family will love it!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) rabbit cut into pieces
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Bread slices (to taste)
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- Pepper (to taste)
- Olive oil for frying the bread
- Salt (to taste)
- In a saucepan, place the onions cut into round slices and the rabbit pieces. Season with chopped garlic, nutmeg, paprika, bay leaf, salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil and white wine. Stir with a wooden spoon, cover the pan and cook over low heat about 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil and fry the bread slices on both sides until golden brown (add more olive oil if it starts to dry). When they are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Serve the rabbit pieces with the bread slices and drizzle with the sauce.