Stewed rabbit with spices2019-02-23
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 2:05 h
This comforting stewed rabbit recipe with spices is ideal for those cold winter days. If you’re going to invite someone special to dinner, prepare this tasty rabbit recipe. Has excellent presentation, your visits will love the perfect fusion of flavors. Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) rabbit cut into pieces
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Saffron (to taste)
- Rosemary (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large onion
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the rabbit with a little salt, pepper, saffron, nutmeg, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper sauce and white wine. Let marinate about one hour.
- Place the olive oil, the peeled garlic, the peleed tomato cut into small pieces and the chopped onion in a large saucepan and simmer until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the rabbit with the marinade, stir, cover the pan with a lid and cook over low heat for about 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle the rabbit with chopped rosemary and serve with white rice or mashed potato.