- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 30m
Rate this recipe:
A very simple recipe to prepare, swordfish stewed in olive oil, onions and garlic, seasoned with white wine and pepper, served with fried potatoes.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 swordfish steaks
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the fish with salt; set aside.
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices, chopped garlic and the bay leaf. Leave to sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden. Then, add the fish and season with white wine and pepper. Stir with a spoon, cover the pan and cook over low heat about 20 minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Turn off the heat and serve the fish with fried potatoes cut into cubes and lettuce salad.