- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
Do you want to prepare something sweet? Try this delicious strawberry cake, it’s a cake with few ingredients and very simple to prepare. Serve in a snack with fruit juice! Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 400 grams (14 ounces) strawberries
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stem. Cut into small pieces and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture. Finally, add the strawberry pieces and fold with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin
and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake. Let cool completely and serve.