Sweet more than good2012-11-06
- Servings : -
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 6:30 h
Rate this recipe:
A refreshing sweet and very tasty which is confectioned with condensed milk and sponge fingers soaked in melted chocolate, covered with a cream prepared with whipping cream, sugar and egg whites, garnished with granulated chocolate.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar to beat the cream
- 400 grams / (14 ounces) condensed milk
- 250 ml / (1 cup and 1 tablespoon) milk
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) dark chocolate
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) heavy whipping cream
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) sponge fingers
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) water
- Granulated chocolate for garnish
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks, the milk and the condensed milk. Pour the mixture in a pan, and place over low heat until thicken.
- Turn off the heat, leave to cool and place in a bowl.
- Place the chocolate broken into pieces in a bowl with water and melt in the microwave. When the chocolate is melted, allow to cool, soak well the sponge fingers one by one and add to the cream that is in the bowl.
- Store the whipping cream in the fridge about 20 minutes. Beat the cream with the tablespoon sugar until stiff peaks form. Beat the egg whites and fold gently in the whipped cream. Pour this mixture over the sponge fingers, garnish with granulated chocolate and refrigerate overnight.