Sweet of pineapple gelatin2013-01-12
- Servings : 9/10
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 6:30 h
Rate this recipe:
A very tasty and refreshing sweet, with excellent presentation confectioned with pineapple gelatin, milk, eggs and sugar, garnished with granulated chocolate.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 600 ml / (2 1/2 cups and 2/3 tablespoon) milk
- 1 pineapple gelatin package (170 grams / (6 ounces))
- 2 unflavored gelatin sheets
- Granulated chocolate for garnish
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and set aside.
- Place the gelatin sheets in a bowl with water about five minutes. Drain them and melt in microwave for about 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and dissolve them with the help of a spoon. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer beat the egg yolks with the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Then, pour the milk, without stop beating.
- Place the previous mixture in a pan, bring to medium heat and stir with a wooden spoon until starts boiling. When starts boiling, add the gelatin powder along with the dissolved gelatin sheets. Mix everything well and turn off the heat. Add the egg whites and fold gently with a spatula.
- Place the sweet in a bowl and refrigerate about five to six hours or overnight.
- Serve the sweet garnished with granulated chocolate.