Tomato soup with snapper2014-05-05
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:05 h
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Rate this recipe:
A soup confectioned with tomato, olive oil, onion, garlic, green pepper and water, mixed in potatoes and snapper steaks, sprinkled with chopped coriander and served with crusty bread.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 snapper steaks (about 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds))
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 liter / (2 cups and 2 tablespoons) water
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 green pepper
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) crusty bread
- 450 grams / (1 pound) potatoes
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 bunch of coriander
- Salt (to taste)
- In a pan place the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices and the peeled whole garlic. Leave to sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn slightly golden brown. Add the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces together with the green peppers cut into strips and season with a little pepper. Stir and cook until the tomato start to break down. Stir once in a while.
- Then, pour the water seasoned with a little salt and simmer on a high heat. Meanwhile, peel, wash the potatoes and cut them into cubes. When the water starts boiling add the potatoes and leave them cook on a medium heat about 25 minutes.
- When the potatoes are almost cooked, add the snapper steaks and leave them cook over medium heat about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, place the bread broken into pieces at the bottom of a dish and pour the broth, the potatoes and the fish on top. Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.