Tuna and bacon with rice2017-02-18
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 30m
Do you like innovate and experimenting new combinations of flavors? Try this tuna and bacon recipe with rice, it’s easy to prepare and very delicious! Dare yourself!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 200 grams (7 ounces) canned tuna
- 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces) raw bacon
- 125 grams (2/3 cup) rice
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 medium onions
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- Thyme (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Put 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil and one chopped onion in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the rice and season with a little salt. Stir and fry for about 1 minute. Pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil, the peeled tomato cut into small pieces, one chopped onion, the bacon cut into strips and the paprika in a frying pan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tuna, stir and cook for more 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and add the rice to the skillet. Mix, season with thyme and serve.
Tuna and bacon with rice
Nutrition facts per serving (2 servings)
Total Fat: 66.5 g(103%)
Saturated Fat: 12 g(60%)
Cholesterol: 59 mg(20%)
Sodium: 716 mg(30%)
Total Carbohydrate: 63.5 g(21%)
Protein: 42 g