- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
In a dinner among friends, nothing better than this delicious recipe of cannelloni filled with tuna.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 450 grams / (1 pound) canned tuna
- Oregano (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- Coriander (to taste)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) cannelloni pasta
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 300 ml / (1 1/4 cups) béchamel
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Drain the tuna, put on a plate and shred it with a fork. Season with pepper and oregano; set aside.
- Put the olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlic and the peeled tomato cut into small pieces in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato starts to break down. Add the tuna with the spices, stir and simmer about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and let cool a little.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream with the béchamel.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Fill with a spoon the cannelloni pasta with the tuna.
- In the bottom of a rectangular baking dish, pour half the béchamel misture. Place over the top the cannelloni and cover them with the remaining béchamel mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- Turn off the oven and serve.