Tuna pasta gratin in the oven2013-01-03
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
Want to prepare a quick and delicious dinner for your family? Nothing like cooking this tuna pasta gratin in the oven.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) fusilli pasta
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) canned tuna
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 300 ml / (1 1/4 cups) béchamel
- Salt (to taste)
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) grated cheese
- Pepper (to taste)
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Parsley (to taste)
- 1 small onion to cook the pasta
- Heat over high heat a saucepan with water seasoned with salt and a small onion. When starts boiling, add the pasta, reduce to low heat and cook for 10 minutes. When the pasta is cooked, drain it and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn golden brown. Then, add the tuna and season with a little pepper. Stir and simmer about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- In a bowl, whisk the cream and the béchamel.
- In a rectangular baking dish place a layer pasta, on top, a layer of tuna, and finally, another layer of pasta. Cover with the béchamel mixture and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until gratin. Turn off the oven and serve with lettuce salad.